This is a unique program organized by Kanazawa University (KU) and Indonesian Directorate General of Higher Education (DGHE or DIKTI). Please see below for more information about the program. The program is for the lecturers of Indonesian universities who presently hold a Master�s degree and would like to pursue a doctoral degree at KU. The program runs for 36 or 48 months, depending on the field of study, and it is entirely sponsored by DIKTI scholarship (Beasiswa Luar Negeri [LN] DIKTI or Beasiswa Unggulan DIKTI). Applicants will be selected and matched with academic adviser by the graduate schools at KU, then undergo separate interviews by DIKTI and the academic adviser. Upon successfully completing all processes, applicants will be admitted to KU as graduate students in the doctoral course. We are sure that the doctoral course at KU will stimulate your academic ability and expand your horizons. We look forward to receiving your application and hope to welcome you to our beautiful university.
NEWS : KU will send a team to Indonesia to hold special briefing sessions on KU-DIKTI Program at several universities. The visit is scheduled from January 20 to 24. For more information, please check back in mid-January. We plan to make flyers available for download at that time.
１． Courses Offered: Doctoral course
This program does NOT include Bachelor�s and Master�s courses.
2． Eligibility UPDATED 3 FEB 2014
- An individual who is eligible for DIKTI scholarship for the Year 2014 (see http://beasiswa.dikti.go.id for information; if you have not applied yet, be sure to apply before the deadline.)
- An individual who is currently employed as a lecturer at an Indonesian university
- An individual whose English fluency is around the IELTS score of 6.0 or better by the application deadline. This equates to TOEFL PBT 550 (iBT 80). Those with lower scores will also be considered for matching.
- An individual who meets all requirements set by Kanazawa University for the eligibility to apply to KU Graduate School as a doctorate student (see http://www.adm.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/ie/e/abroad/guideline.html for the complete list of eligibility requirements)
- The eligibility for Kanazawa University is a separate matter from the eligibility to DIKTI scholarship. Please be informed that you must be eligible for both, and you must successfully complete the application and be selected for both.
3． Search for a Supervisor
DIRECTORY OF RESEARCHERS AT KU
You may also use the Seeds Tableas a secondary reference.
*You do not have to contact the supervisor directly until later in the selection process. KU will inform you when the selection has progressed enough.
4． Application/Registration（Deadline:February 14, 2014）
GO TO KU ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
After you submit the Online Application Form, you will receive an automated reply to the registered e-mail address. Required documents are listed in this message. Prepare the documents and submit them by the deadline.
5． Required Documents
- Diploma for Bachelor�s Degree
- Diploma for Master�s Degree
- Official Transcript for Undergraduate Course Work
- Official Transcript for Master�s Course Work
- Abstract of Master�s Thesis or Another Work of Equivalent Volume and Quality
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Kanazawa University International Exchange Student Inquiry Form (Including Research Proposal)
- Research Performance Questionnaire
Download Links for the Inquiry Form and Questionnaire are available in the e-mail message you will receive after submitting the online application.
6． Tentative Schedule
December 20 to Feb 14: Applicants must apply to both DIKTI scholarship and KU-DIKTI Program at Kanazawa University. Applicant�s affiliated university must also submit recommendation to DIKTI in order to complete the scholarship application process.
February 24: Deadline for submitting required documents to Kanazawa University.
Late-February to Late-April: Kanazawa University will screen and match the applicants. Also, there will be an interview by the academic adviser. Those who are successfully selected and pass the interview will be issued an unconditional LOA. There will be a separate selection by interview with DIKTI, which you must pass in order to receive the scholarship. Selection process at KU and DIKTI are two separate processes. Applicants must successfully pass both selections to be admitted to KU in KU-DIKTI Program.
After Selection:Final decision will be made by Kanazawa University and, in accordance with DIKTI�s final decisions, the final Notification of acceptance will be sent to applicants. Certificate of Eligibility (required to apply for Japanese Visa) will also be sent to applicants by international postal mail.
7． Contact Information
- If you have questions or wish to submit required documents�
- Kanazawa University Website
- General Information for International Student
- Mailing Address for International Postal Mail
Address: Global Affairs Division, Kanazawa University
Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192