COST OF LIVING
Living in Jakarta is reasonable. A typical expense for students’ accommodation around Universitas Nasional (UNAS) is around IDR 1,200,000 – IDR 1,500,000/month. Such accommodation usually includes a furnished room, bathroom, and air-conditioning. However, as there are many room rents with such facilities as furnished room, outside bathroom, and fan, the expenses can be cheaper, around IDR 400 – IDR 800.
There are many kinds of public transportation around campus, from the ojeg (motorcycle ride), bajay, (tricycle motorcycle), angkot (minisbusses), Trans Jakarta bus, train, and taxi. The fare of the official public transportation for the ojeg and bajaj depend on the distance, while the busses and trains are between IDR 1,500 – 4,000.
PLACES OF WORSHIP
As most of Indonesians profess the Islamic faith, there are hundreds of big and small mosques in Jakarta. UNAS has the Sutan Takdir Alisjahbana’s mosque in its main campus. For the Catholics and Christians, there are some churches around campus, in the area of Pasar Minggu and Blok M. A Hindu temple is also located around 40 minute from campus, in the area of Pondok Labu, and a Buddhist temple is found in the area of Lenteng Agung. For other faiths, information is provided by the Office of International Cooperation.
The dress code in all campuses in UNAS is casual. Students are advised not to wear mini-skirts, tank-tops, and shorts to the classes. On formal events, batik dress or two-piece dress and batik shirt or long-sleeve shirt with tie or jacket are expected. For special occasions, such as weddings or national celebration, students can participate by wearing more formal or traditional attires. During the rainy season, students are advised to bring a light jacket or an umbrella.
UNAS has a polyclinic to deal with general health matters. For special health care, there are several bigger polyclinics and hospitals. Around UNAS, there is the Pasar Minggu Hospital, the Jakarta Medical Center, and Pasar Rebo Hospital. The cost for the polyclinic is lesser than that of the hospital. There are also medical practitioners opening their services in late afternoons.
Bank Rakyat Indonesia opens its branch in UNAS from 9:00 a.m. to 16:00 p.m, Mondays to Fridays. Cash withdrawal can be done in its ATM (Automated Teller Machine). There are also other banks and ATMs near UNAS campuses, such as BNI 1946 (Bank Nasional Indonesia) in Pasar Minggu, BCA (Bank Central Asia) in Pejaten, Bank Mandiri in Warung Buncit, and other ATMs in the closest malls around UNAS, such as Kalibata Mall, Pejaten Village, Ranch Market, Cilandak Mall, Cilandak Town Square, and Point Square.
Office hours in campus is from 8:30 a.m to 16:00 p.m. Mondays to Fridays.
Students in Universitas Nasional (UNAS) are actively involved in several fields of interest during their course of study. They participate to discover their talents through relevant avenues. To meet these needs, various student-run groups have been formed in UNAS to facilitate their talents and creative activities. While, studying in UNAS, international students are invited to participate in the students’ activities.
Development of student activities aimed at fostering and improving students' skills through the vehicle of student organizations. To support this goal, UNAS establishes a creative, conducive and responsible climate. Intra-university student organization aims to foster and nurture leadership behavior with insight, knowledge, reasoning, interests and passions, and devotion to the welfare of society. The students’ organizations are aimed at coaching abilities in students’ organizations, education and research, community service, interests and talents of students, and student welfare.
The student organizations in UNAS:
1. Nature Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Pencinta Alam/Himpala)
2. Soccer Students League (Persatuan Sepak Bola Mahasiswa/PSM)
3. Basketball Students League (Persatuan Bola Basket Mahasiswa/UBC)
4. Music Students Creation (Kreasi Musik Mahasiswa/KREMM)
5. Ghanta Theater
6. Karate students Association (Persatuan Bela diri Karate Mahasiswa/UBK)
7. Volley Ball Students Association (Persatuan Bola Volly Mahasiswa)
8. Photography and Journalism Students Association (Persatuan Mahasiswa Fotografi dan Jurnalistik/Wreta
9. International Relations Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Hubungan Internasional)
10. Political Science Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Jurusan Ilmu Politik)
11. Sociology Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Sosiologi)
12. Public Administration Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Administrasi Negara)
13. Communication Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Komunikasi)
14. Law Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Hukum)
15. Indonesian Literature Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Sastra Indonesia)
16. English Literature Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Sastra Inggris)
17. Japanese Literature Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Sastra Jepang)
18. Economics Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Ekonomi)
19. Science and Technology Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Sains dan Teknologi)
20. Biological Science Club (Himpunan Mahasiswa Biologi)
21. Agronomi Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Agronomi)
22. Information Technology and Communication Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknologi
Informasi dan Komunikasi)
23. Health Students Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Kesehatan)