1. Alternative Energy in Developing Countries and Emerging Economies, Thailand, May 25-26, 2017
2. XXI World Congress Federation of Translators, Brisbane, Australia, August 3-5, 2017
Disruption and Diversification.
FIT invites all those interested � practitioners, academics, students, agencies, software makers and policy makers, accreditation bodies, and buyers of services -to submit proposals for papers/posters dealing with the following session themes:
1. Translating from/into Minority and Indigenous Languages: politics/knowledge gaps/ globalisation/ literature/ oral heritage
2. Language and Conflict: interpreting in war zone/technologies and skills/ preservation/vicarious trauma
3. Community Interpreting and Translation: New and emerging communities/refugees and asylum seekers/aging populations/recognition and remuneration/ Certification, accreditation and regulation/ pedagogy and research
4. Sign Language Interpreting: developments/access politics/ markets/ future/ technology
5. Localisation as a Genre: developments/markets/future/technology
6. Social Media Translation Trends: QA/ economic pressures/ technology/future of the professional in the world of the amateur
7. Globalisation, Ethics and Status of the Profession: research/ legislation/ teaching/ changes /invisibility/
8. Translation Practice and Academic Research: change, growth, strategies
9. Future Shock � Technology, Disruption and the New Industry Paradigm: effect on LSP, and buyers of language services/diversification/responses / quality
10. Creativity and Translation in the Post-modern World: trans-creation, copywriting and literary translation
11. Freelancing as a Reflective Business Practice: learning/business skills/ perceptions/training/sustainability/ diversification
1. a 200-250 word abstract and up to 5 keywords, indicating the type of presentation (either a 20 minute presentation or a Poster).
2. a short professional biography inclusive of a photo.
3. if you are submitting in sign language, a video in International Sign Language that summarises your paper as above. The video must be in .mp4
4. an abstract and keywords (250 words), can also be in the same video as your summary if you are submitting in ISL.
Publishing of the Proceedings
Proceedings will be published by AUSIT in electronic format. There will be a call for papers for a refereed publication after the congress.
Registration of Accepted Presenters
Every presenter (platform, poster, workshop and panel) is required to register as a paying delegate and attend the congress. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Presenters who do not register before 1st April 2017 will be replaced.
Invitation letters to be presented to the Australian diplomatic missions overseas for the purpose of obtaining a visa to Australia can be obtained on request. Please email email@example.com
3.International Conference on Food and Agriculture Technology, Bali, Indonesia January 16-18, 2017
Call for Papers
2017 International Conference on Food and Agriculture Technologies is the premier forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results in the fields of food and agriculture technology. The conference is soliciting state-of-the-art research papers in the following areas of interest:
� Advanced Machine Systems
� Agricultural Biotechnology
� Agricultural Ergonomics
� Agricultural Production and Food Safety
� Agricultural systems
� Agricultural waste management
� Animal Agriculture in the Globe
� Animal Health & Welfare
� Animal Protein and fibre products
� Aquaculture and Biosystems Research
� Biological natural resource engineering
� Bio-machine systems
� Bioprocess and Biosystems
� Biotechnology for Livestock, Pests and Aquaculture
� Cutting Edge Science for Future Animal Agriculture
� Ecological Engineering
� Emerging public concerns with animal agriculture
� Emerging technologies in Agriculture and Livestock
� Energy in agriculture
� Environmental constraints to animal agriculture
� Food Engineering and biotechnology
� Food safety and Bio-process engineering
� Food security
� Food Science and Technology
� Food traceability and safety
� GPS and GIS technologies
� Industry Transformation - Case Studies
� Livestock Biotechnology
� Livestock building design for animal welfare and health
� Livestock Production
� Mammary development and lactation - a vision for functional genomics
� Meat and allied industries
� Nanotechnology in agriculture
� Power and machinery in agriculture
� Precision farming and variable rate technology
� Research for improved animal fibre products
� Soil and water engineering
� Structures and environment
� The post-genomic future for genetic selection of livestock
� Traceability of animal source foods
� Watershed design for water quality protection
Deadline: December 5, 2017
Option 1: Publication in Proceedings. Submissions will be peer reviewed by conference committees, and accepted papers will be published in proceedings, which will be indexed by EI Compendex, Scopus, and ISI CPCS.
Option 2: Publication in Journal. Submissions will be reviewed by the conference committees and journal editorial board, and accepted papers will be published in the Journal of Advanced Agricultural Technologies, which will be indexed by Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, Google Scholar, Crossref, etc.
Option 3: For those who're NOT looking to publish their papers, it's acceptable to submit your abstracts to the conference, which will be sent to at least two techinical committees for a brief review, and it will take about 5 working days.